Met Life Dental HMO
Documents & Forms
- MetLife Dental
- MEA Benefits
- MEA Benefits Fax
- Risk Management
MEA represented employees and retirees living in
California will have access to enroll in MetLife’s Dental HMO. The plan offers a low cost plan with the
coverage you need and the features you deserve.
The MetLife Dental HMO plan offers you and your family comprehensive dental benefits with set co-payments
for listed services. For your convenience, the following is a list of the HMO plan features:
- You choose a primary care dentist from a large network of DHMO providers. Your primary care dentist
will provide your dental care, and will coordinate referrals to specialists. You may change dentists once a
month by contacting MetLife.
- Over 400 dental procedures covered at listed co-payments and many diagnostic and preventive services
have no co-payments!
- The plan covers additional cleanings and periodontal maintenance, brush biopsies for oral
cancer screening and adult fluoride and anesthesia benefits, including nitrous oxide and IV sedation.
- No deductibles or dollar maximums for any service.
- Coverage for implants.
- One of the largest networks in California.
- Orthodontics for adults and children.
- Your benefits begin immediately – there’s no waiting period.
For more details including exclusions and limitations, refer to the MetLife dental certificate.
These benefits are provided by SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc, a MetLife company.