MetLife Dental HMO
Documents & Forms
- MetLife Dental
- MEA Benefits
- MEA Benefits Fax
- Risk Management
This page has been updated as of 05/26/14 for FY15.
MEA represented employees and retirees living in California will have access to enroll
in MetLife’s Dental HMO. The plan offers a low cost plan with the coverage you need
and the features you deserve.
The MetLife Dental HMO plan offers you and your family comprehensive dental benefits
with set co-payments for listed services. For your convenience, the following is a
list of the HMO plan features:
- You choose a primary care dentist from a large network of DHMO providers.
Your primary care dentist will provide your dental care, and will coordinate
referrals to specialists. You may change dentists once a month by contacting MetLife.
- Over 400 dental procedures covered at listed co-payments and many diagnostic and
preventive services have no co-payments!
- The plan covers additional cleanings and periodontal maintenance, brush biopsies
for oral cancer screening and adult fluoride and anesthesia benefits,
including nitrous oxide and IV sedation.
- No deductibles or dollar maximums for any service.
- Coverage for implants.
- One of the largest networks in California.
- Orthodontics for adults and children.
- Your benefits begin immediately – there’s no waiting period.
Like most group benefit programs, benefit programs offered by MetLife and
its affiliates contain certain exclusions, exceptions, reductions, limitations,
waiting periods, and terms for keeping them in force. Please contact MetLife or
your plan administrator for costs and complete details.
These benefits are provided by SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc, a MetLife
company. Dental HMO plans are available in CA through a domestic company in
the applicable state named SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc. The SafeGuard companies
are part of the MetLife family of companies. "Dental HMO" is used to refer to products
that may differ by state of residence of the enrollee, including but not
limited to: “Specialized Health Care Service Plans” in California.