TAP Parking Update
Recently the City sent out a notice to all employees about the updates to the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP). These updates included language that was both confusing and frustrating to hourly employees. After meeting with the City, they have agreed to update the language and extend the FY 2019 Adult Regional and Rapid Express/Premium ECO Annual Pass purchase window through Friday, June 15, 2018.
If you are an hourly employee who believes they are eligible for the ECO Annual Pass, or attempted to get the ECO Pass and was denied, print out the FY19 ECO Employment/Work Status Report and have your supervisor fill it out as per the guidelines. Then return it to the TAP office for your Annual Pass.
Hourly employees who do not meet the guidelines in the FY19 ECO Employment/Work Status Report are still eligible to receive the month to month pass.
The City sent out the below communication yesterday to all City Employees. Remember the deadline is only extended until Friday June 15th!
To all City employees:
The Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) has extended the deadline for purchasing Fiscal Year 2019 Adult Regional and Rapid Express/Premium ECO Annual Passes. ECO Annual Passes will be available for purchase through Friday, June 15, 2018. After June 15, the sale of ECO Annual Passes will not be available for purchase. Passes may be purchased at the TAP office located on the 17th floor of the Civic Center Plaza (1200 3rd Ave.) between the hours of 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. As a reminder, ECO Annual Passes will cover ridership from July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
Non-Standard Hourly employees are required to provide a signed FY19 ECO Employment/Work Status Report.
City Employee Fiscal Year 2019 Annual Passes Discount Rates:
|ECO Pass Type||MEA-Represented||All Other Eligible Employees|
|Regional Route||$64.80Represents an annual savings of $151||$162Represents an annual savings of $54|
|Rapid Express/Premium||$90Represents an annual savings of $30||$225This represents an annual savings of $75|
- To qualify for the discounted rate, you must be a City employee working standard hours and use public transit to commute to and from work at least three days per week.
- Pool and hourly employees are eligible to purchase passes so long that they provide a completed and signed FY19 ECO Employment/Work Status Report along with the enrollment form.
- If you are on the waitlist for the Evan B. Jones Parkade or Civic Center Plaza Garage, please consider continuing with month-to-month compass card passes. ECO passes must be forfeited once you are accepted into one of the parking structures and no refund will be issued for the ECO pass.
For eligibility questions, please contact Travis Brady at email@example.com or 619-533-3095.
Annual Pass Purchasing Instructions:
There are no refunds or opting out of the Fiscal Year 2019 Annual Passes once purchased.
- Visit the downtown TAP office located on the 17th Floor of the Civic Center Plaza, between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.;
- Submit a completed FY19 TAP ECO Annual Pass Enrollment Form;
- (For Hourly Employees) Submit a completed (signed by supervisor) FY19 ECO Employment/Work Status Report;
- Bring your Compass Card, if you currently have one;
- Provide your Personnel Identification Number (PERNR);
- Present your City ID. If you do not have your City ID, you must provide a copy of your most recent paystub, along with a valid photo ID.
- Make your payment in cash or check made out to the “City Treasurer.” Exact change is preferred and appreciated.
For more information or to access the required TAP Annual Pass enrollment forms, please click on the CityNet links below:
- FY19 TAP Brochure: http://citynet/ecp/pdf/tap-brochure.pdf
- FY19 TAP ECO Annual Pass Enrollment Form: http://citynet/ecp/pdf/tap-eco-enrollment.pdf
- FY19 ECO Employment/Work Status Report: https://citynet.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/tap-eco-work-status-rpt-form.pdf
Transportation and Storm Water Department
Supervisors: Please post this message for any employees who do not have access to City email.
Note: This is a broadcast email, please do not reply.