DSD LMC Update
Your Labor-Management Committee met on Tuesday, January 21, 2014. It was the first meeting with newly appointed director Bob Vacchi. The following agenda items were discussed:
- Following the split with the Planning Department, DSD will undergo a small reorganization. The Department is requesting some additional management positions as a part of the reorganization. If approved, the new positions will be worked into the reorganization that is anticipated to take effect with the new budget on July 1, 2014.
- Building improvements are continuing. Some minor remodels as well as large-scale cleanings, such as carpets, paint, window washing, etc. have already occurred. There are more scheduled and impacted employees will be notified, if they haven’t already. New furniture has been ordered for Ridgehaven, the 4th Floor Training Room, and other common areas of COB.
- DSD continues to fill vacancies as needed across all sections.
- As this committee is addressing issues related to all staff working in COB, and since the PNED Department remains mostly housed in the same building, this LMC will continue as a joint DSD/PNED meeting involving staff members and management from both departments.
- Our next scheduled meeting is February 18, 2014.