FY17 – Sharp Classic Plan Effective 8/1/16
August 1, 2016 kicks off the new FY17 benefit year. As of today, all Sharp Classic plan participants with an August 1 effective date have been loaded into the Sharp Health Plan system and can access services.
Sharp Health Plan will be issuing new cards to new enrollees only. Cards began being mailed on July 20. If you are a new enrollee and have not received your card(s) by August 15, 2016, please contact the Sharp/MEA Hotline at 888 840-4747 or MEA Benefits at email@example.com.
Here are some important items to know:
- If you are currently on the plan, you should keep your old card since Sharp will not be sending you a new card.
- If you have changed between the Classic and Select plans, you should notify your service provider so they can confirm the correct co-payment. If you moved between the two plans you will be issued a new card as this is considered a new enrollment.
- If you are new to the plan, you can access services without your card by notifying the service provider that you are with Sharp Health Plan. The service provider will call Sharp Health Plan to verify eligibility.
- If you did not select a doctor during open enrollment, you will be auto assigned a provider and that provider information will be on our ID card. If you need to access services now, you will need to call the Sharp Hotline at (888) 840-4747.
- If you need to change your primary care doctor or need a replacement card, or would like to verify your eligibility please call the Sharp Hotline at 888.840.4747.
- You can access additional information, and register for online services at www.sharphealthplan.com.
If you have questions about Sharp, you can call Sharp Health Plan at 888.840.4747 or email MEA Benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about this plan please visit MEA’s website for Sharp Classic pages.